PARENTING IN MOTION
Support is coming our way!
A new event is coming to our community on October 27th, 28th, and 29th from 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day. Twenty local movement specialists and mental health educators are coming together in a three-day summit called Parenting in Motion.
We understand the events of COVID have changed the world of parenting, and we want to help by offering free online classes for both parents and kids. You can attend live or tune in afterward if you can’t make it all live. All you need to do is register, and you will have the link to view the entire event. We will have a complete list of providers and presentations soon. Here are some of the topics:
- movement and mindfulness classes
- the ABCs of stress
- how movement helps stress
- parenting cafes for support
- EMDR basics
- zones of regulation
- communication skills in crisis
- non-typicals of anxiety
- a local author on growth mindset
- energizing your body from the inside out
- healthy screentime boundaries
- the functionality of anger
- resistance and opposition
- the neuroscience of why COVID is so hard
- and a local pediatrician will talk about updates on COVID
THIS EVENT IS FREE and brought to you by the efforts of all the volunteers. When you register you can email your questions too so that our presenters can help address your concerns. We will end each day with a community questions session for additional support.
Below you will find a flyer for this event. Please feel free to pass this information along to any families, schools, or organizations that work with children. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Here is the link to get registered, and it is free to the whole community!